2 days later he went in and had it pulled..Dr said it was a mess...it was his left canine...they left a hole for it to drain... and to give him saline drops and run a humidifier.. and he was on antiboitics since the initial trip in... by the middle of the next week the swellign still hadn't gone down... so back in and they decide to take x-rays .. they see pockets of infection and decide to put a physical drain in...and change the anit-biotics.... still nothing... after 3 more trips to get the drain removed they finally pulled it out today... the only way to clean what ever it is out which they are now fairly sure is a mass is to remove his eye.. his face is so swollen that his nose is starting to become obscured ont he left side. :-\
we're letting it go until it is causing him obvious discomfort and then letting him go. I'd rather we did it sooner then later... bedcasue i think for him to show obvious pain it would have to be nasty... he's always seemed to have had a high pain threshold.
i've had that fuzzy bugger since before he was 6 weeks old... i dont' want to let him go
edtied to add: They'd be removing his eye just to get to the mass, it is likely imbedded in the bone and it might be in his cranial cavitiy as well He's 11, there's no money for surgery. And we've agreed that he's too old and sweet to end up disfigured and likely dying anyway.
I hate this