Well, around 4:30 she was a lot worse. She could barely put any weight on her front right paw, and it looked swollen. I was thinking that she must've sprained it, or possibly broke it, while jumping around like a maniac, which she also does a lot!
So we called our vet, and they were already closed so we tried a few more and they were also closed. I looked at her paw to see if she might've stepped on a thorn or something and also to see if it looked abnormal. I moved her paw up a tiny bit, and she started to cry.
You should've seen her sad face, it almost brought me to tears.
Thats it, I said.
We headed to the emergency room where we waited an hour and a half before anyone saw us.
Then finally, they came in, took her temp and gave us AWFUL news.
She has a temp. and her paw is swollen not broken.
They took some blood and tested it.
It came back VERY positive.
My baby puppy cutie girl has Lyme.
I'm almost brought to tears writing this.
They gave my sweetie some pain pills and antibiotics that she is to take for the next two months, then once that is finished she has to get an vaccination. The doc said that it isn't life threatening, unless we didn't do anything then it could be. It could flare up like this again however, and we need to watch it.
We never had any problems with ticks over here, even though our town is a tick hot spot. It's partly our fault, and I feel incredibly guilty, because she dosen't like wearing the tick collar so we don't force her to. We should've.
Thankfully she is gonna be ok, but it was a scary moment for us here.
And, just on the side, two hours in the emergency room and the tests.... almost $300!!
But it was absolutely worth it to see my baby getting better.