? ?
05 March 2008 @ 12:19 pm
Charley the Electrician  
Charley is an amazingly good baby. He doeesn't nip or bite - ever. He doesn't go after objects while you are watching. However, when he's alone, he turns into a different puppy. He eats Things. Especially electrical objects. We tell him he's going to be an electrician when he gets big.

It seems his favorite source for enjoyment is electrical plugs. No matter what barrier you put in front of a plug, he'll search and destroy it. Here's an example of a recent 6 plug unplug adventure for him:

Of course, we've installed ground fault interupters on anything near him, but it seems to almost be a game of how many plugs can I get to.

And he ate the connecting wire for an ipod, the velcro and 3 buttons off of one of Rory's coats, and an entire Pottery Barn hooked rug. Plus a book:

You wouldn't think that innocent face could get into that much mischief.

Of course, we're spoiled since Rory would never dream of chewing anything or going after wires. She was the dream puppy!
Nancie: Pets Banjo Play Hardeicnan on March 5th, 2008 05:31 pm (UTC)
LOL eletrical cords, books and glasses are the chew toys of choice over at our house. He has got the cutest little nose ever.
asavasasavas on March 5th, 2008 05:33 pm (UTC)
Our neighbors' dog had the same problem with wires. We gave them the Bitter Apple spray that we used when Geech kept trying to eat the underneath of our ottoman. It definitely worked for us, and I think it worked for them because they didn't complain about it anymore!
vixvix on March 5th, 2008 07:41 pm (UTC)
Holy shit! I wouldn't have wanted to be you when he was pooping up that Pottery Barn rug!
Heatherkayannworks on March 5th, 2008 07:57 pm (UTC)
Oh my goodness, that face!!

What a bad, but adorable little boy. ♥
stageiistageii on March 6th, 2008 11:57 am (UTC)
You do realize how dangerous this situation could be? Tugging on a cord and pulling a lamp or appliance down onto himself (it happened to someone on this board - they lost their pup!) not to mention the chance of an electrical shock... Ingesting stuff like velcro, buttons and rug fibers could be life threatening. I would seriously recommend crating or penning Charley when you aren't there to watch him, for his own safety.
Rory and Charleyseethewizard on March 6th, 2008 03:40 pm (UTC)
Oh we know. There are ground fault interrupters on all our plugs, so no current can go through. There are no lamps in the room (we took them out). He didn't ingest the velcro or buttons. And the rug is long gone. We've baby proofed the place.