Sorry for all the questions.
I ask because my baby Macy had a "cluster seizure" today. She had a series of 4 short ones. We took her to the vet, and they gave her a steroid shot, steroid pills that she starts tomorrow, antibiotics, and emergency rectal valium if she has one for longer than a few minutes.
We noticed about a week ago that she was not quite acting herself. She seemed kinda down, and then practically overnight she wasn't able to come up the stairs without help, or jump up on the couch. Which she could do no problem. Then she had a little trouble walking and keeping her balance after she got up from sleeping. We made a vet appointment, but due to the main doctor being away the closest appt we could get was for tomorrow. Then yesterday she got what is called "Cherry Eye" (from what I read about, due to stress from this).
Then today at 4, the seizures started. She had one and we immediately took her to the emergency vet, thats when they took blood, and gave us the medicine. She then had one while she was there, one on the way home, and one about a few hours ago.
They told us that Bostons are prone to seizures, especially when they get up in age. Macy is 10. But after doing some research online, I was able to see that these could be caused by Epilepsy, or possibly a Brain Tumor. I am conflicted, should I wait to see if the medication does anything (she has a 10 day dosage), or should I take her now to get an MRI and CT scan?
I hate seeing her like this. I know I don't need to say this because this is how we all feel about our Bostons, but she is a part of this family and it tears my heart out to see her acting this way. I feel so bad for her, and I hate this waiting game.
I know we're a close group, especially when one of our own is in need (I especially remember feeling as though we lost our dog when Lulu passed). I wanted to see what your experiences have been, and what you may be able to tell me.
Thank you again.