Well, I just found out from the breeder, Michelle, that I now have to wait ONE MORE WEEK for Sophie's arrival. That's right folks. I have been doing nothing but preparing for her, reading books on puppies/Bostons, and endlessly chattering on about her, to the annoyance of my family and friends. August 20, her original arrival date, is also the day she turns 8 weeks old. Puppies cannot be shipped until that day (it's illegal). Michelle's vet said that he would not issue a health guarantee for her until she turns 8 weeks old. So obviously she cannot have the vet check and flight on the same day. So now I have to wait ANOTHER WEEK.
I am frustrated nearly to tears over this. Michelle wanted to throw in some incentive cause she thought I would cancel the deal, so I am getting free AKC papers out of it, but still.
But I have to think about the fact that this arrangement is better for Sophie. She will be one week older and one week stronger so that will be all the better for her when she has to deal with what I'm sure will be a very scary flight for her. I really hate that she will also be one week bigger, cause I wanted her as tiny as possible, but what can you do? She can't really get THAT much bigger in one week, even though according to the pictures Michelle has been sending she is growing incredibly fast. She's still a tiny girl though, relative to the rest of her littermates. So I guess I won't despair. The hardest thing about this situation will be the waiting. The days have been going by agonizingly slowly, and now I have to add seven more to the countdown. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!
BTW, this is the latest pic of her I just received a few moments ago....Michelle keeps stressing that she is very tiny, but does she look unhealthy to anyone? I don't mean to be paranoid but you never know....but I guess the health guarantee will assuage my fears.