(Re-posted after starting a Photobucket account. LOL.)
I have decided not to get Sophie anymore because there are just too many risks involved. I have had a lot of issues with Michelle. And to top it all off, Sophie has mange and Michelle "just noticed it" even though apparently it's been there for a week. Plus she dropped the price to $175 which makes me think she just wants to get rid of her. Sophie is so tiny and now that she is sick, I don't want to risk her life by flying her here from Texas. Plus I have decided that buying online is just too risky. It breaks my heart because I was in love with her already, but it is just better for her and for me.
So today we went to visit a local breeder here in Tampa. Jennifer and John, brother and sister. They were very nice. The only thing I didn't like about them was that she has four different litters in a small apartment - two Boston litters, a pug litter, and a Yorkie litter. The puppies seem very happy and healthy and well-adjusted though, they were jumping around like crazy and playing and eating and acting just like puppies should. All were sweethearts, and Jennifer knew a lot about dogs and had some good advice to give me. I had my heart set on a female so I could call her Sophie, but the females Jennifer had were very big and would get to 22-25 pounds she said. I want a smaller one. There were two males, 8 weeks old, who I fell in love with. I mean, I spent two hours choosing between them. But the one that ended up catching my heart was the one that as I was holding him, he put his little head in my hand and fell asleep. That was when I knew he was the one. His father is 12 pounds and his mother is 8, so he will most likely be tiny. An added bonus that I got (for an extra $100) was that he is a show-quality dog. Absolutely perfect markings. Jennifer actually wanted to sell him to someone who was gonna show, but she said if I really loved him she would sell him to me, so that's what we did. I gave her a $150 deposit and we are picking him up tomorrow. All in all he is $600.
I haven't thought of any names cause I was dead-set on a female, and I will miss the name Sophie, but if anyone has any suggestions I'd love them. My mom was throwing names around and came up with Charlie, which I liked.
Here is a pic we took tonight at the breeders. I will have MANY MORE in the days/weeks/months to come. LOL.
(Please ignore my horribly ugly appearance. Today has been a very long stressful day and I also have the flu.)